sexta-feira, 4 de junho de 2010

Helping Hand

“When I appeared on the TV programme DEAL OR NOT DEAL and was fortunate enough to win 10.000, I decided to give all the money away.”
This wouldn't have been surprising if she had been rich or famous, but she was a 18-year-old student.
“I gave all the money to a charity which helps orphan children in Rio de Janeiro and where I also worked as a volunteer for the previous three years.” I first visited the orphanage when I was seventeen, and I felt very depressed by what I saw. Then with the intention of helping further that institution, I invited some friends and they saw the reality of these children and thereby to campaign and raise money to help them. When I returned to Rio, I felt relieved because the situation of the institution already had improved and were increasingly contributing to its improvement.

Luciana Garcia - Advanced A - Tuesdays and Thursdays - 17:15/18:45

Um comentário: